Return date if calendar equals "eg/ig"

steve89

Board Regular
hi trying to find a formula for my leave tracker which has a calendar and is as follows:

C11:AG11 = Days in the months by the number format
B12:B23 = months in the year: Example: "january"
C12:AG23 = infractions or paid time off we enter
but i want the formula to look for "EG/IG" and if so return the date that it occured

also would like a separate formula to sat if "EG/NI" was giving then text should equal "no" and if EG/IG" was giving text should say yes.
EG stands for evaluation giving
IG stands for increase giving
NI stands for no increase giving

thanks everyone hope to get some help

=IFERROR(IF(BK27<>0,IF(BK29>=BK29,"YES","NO")&TEXT(BK29/BK27,),"NO"),"YES")
this is what i have now if the formula see "EG/IG" it reads as yes but dont know how to incorporate "EG/NI" as no.

the formula needs to know is if "eg/ig" occurs on the calendar that i have set which is cell C12:AG23 (which is only set for events or conditions that are entered) then tell me which date it occurred. C11:AG11 = Days in the months by the number format
B12:B23 = months in the year: Example: "january"

I'm seeking the date that this condition occured and the dates are set on C11:AG11 & B12:B23
U6 = date evaluation was giving

im trying to learn how to use the html maker because to help but cant find really much help on it i just submitted a thread about it.

"Employee Leave Tracker " (sheet that controls the calendar) has the following

Employee Name = B4
Start Date of event = C4
End date of event = D4
Type of leave = E4
Days = F4 which counts the amount of leave day or events per day all this information goes to the yearly calendar total for all employees which is where the previous data i provided for you is found.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
am i aloud to send a workbook to you for your review because i dont know any other way
It wouldn't do much good from my current location, as I am unable to download/receive any files from the internet our outside locations that are not pre-approved (due to corporate security policy).

If you upload the file or images to a file (or image) sharing site and provide the links, I can look at it tonight when I am home (or perhaps someone else will take a look at it before then).

Upvote 0

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAG
2Title:cookEMPLOYEE ID:F190384/27/2012Hire Date:
3SELECT THE YEARStatus:Full TimePAYRATE:$15.00Termination Date:
42018Name Badges Giving:0ACCOUNT TYPE:NON-UNIONIZEDYESEvaluation Giving
5Employee NameTotal Uniforms Giving:0Amount of Increase:$1.003/5/2018Increase Giving:
6SHEMEKIA ADAMSTotal Shoes Giving:0Percentage Increase:6.7%3/5/2018Date Evaluation Giving/Raise:
7END DATEBuilding & Payroll Code:MILLH41 - 9YYYes
8december
10Employee Start Date:Friday, April 27, 2012
121January
132FebruaryEG/IGNANANA
143March
154AprilNA
165May
176JuneNA
187July
198August
209SeptemberNA
2110October
2211NovemberNA
2312December
EMPLOYEE REPORT

Upvote 0
hey Joe first thank you again for your help really appreciate it -- also wanted to note the formula you gave originally worked just great only problem was it returned todays date instead when it occurred

=IF(COUNTIF(C12:AG23,"eg/ig")>0,TODAY(),"")

Upvote 0
please let me know it worked well just needed the formula to check that whole section in case the event happened during a different day

Upvote 0
hey Joe first thank you again for your help really appreciate it -- also wanted to note the formula you gave originally worked just great only problem was it returned todays date instead when it occurred

=IF(COUNTIF(C12:AG23,"eg/ig")>0,TODAY(),"")
Yes, if you want to pull the day based on the row and column headers, you need to use the methodology proposed in the link I provided.
The formula just returns the current date (as I was not quite clear on what you wanted originally, as I did not know your data structure.

please let me know it worked well just needed the formula to check that whole section in case the event happened during a different day
I am unclear if there is a question here, or you are just making a comment?

Upvote 0
yes it was a question sorry for the misunderstanding - i tried that method for two days now with no results

Upvote 0
This formula here:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(COUNTIF(C12:AG23,"eg/ig")>0,TODAY(),"")[/COLOR]
is not going to work for you, as you do not want to pull today's date, but rather the dates from the column/row headers. So you can totally forget about that idea, it is not going to help you.

I provided a link to that thread because those formulas are beyond me, and I cannot really help you with those.

I am sorry, but there isn't much more I can do here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back