Return row from other spreadsheet but allow override

zefrogi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a leaver tracker to record when people are on leave. People put an A when they are on a day off.

I'm making another separate spreadsheet to assign a task but it's important to know when people are going to be off so it doesn't get conflicted. I'd like to be able to bring through the A's that are recorded in the previous spreadsheet but also record when people will cover- C.

I can use this formula to copy the data:
Excel Formula:
=IF(ISBLANK(XLOOKUP(A7,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!$A$7:$A$29,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!$B$7:$NB$29)),"",XLOOKUP(A7,'[Tracker -  Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!$A$7:$A$29,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!$B$7:$NB$29))

A7 is the first name. A8 would be the second name. A7:A29 is the rows of name for all staff, this will not be the same on the new spreadsheet.
B7:NB29 is the A data range.

This does copy the A data but I can't override single days due to the formula being 'spilled'. The original column reports obstructing cells.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Actually just solved it.
Excel Formula:
=IF(XLOOKUP($A7,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!$A$7:$A$29,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!B$7:B$29)=0,"",XLOOKUP($A7,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!$A$7:$A$29,'[Tracker - Annual Leave - 2023.xlsm]Tracker'!B$7:B$29))
Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back