Return values using a lookup value from one sheet, to return values from another sheet, across multiple columns

supernovelle

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to find a way to:

Use a referenced lookup value from sheet "A", to return values, from several columns in sheet "B"

Things to note:

a) The lookup values sometimes repeat. I need all the associated values with each repetition as well.

b) The lookup values in sheet "A" are a comprehensive list, sheet "B" also contains some of these values but not all. Essentially, what I need to do is find a way to lookup each value in an account numbers column in sheet "A", against a different account numbers column in sheet "B".

If that value occurs in sheet "B" I want it to return the values from Columns X, Y, Z, (I want these values returned in sheet "A".

If that value does not occur in sheet B, the corresponding cells should remain blank.

If the lookup value occurs multiple times, I need all the corresponding values from each of X, Y, Z columns.

I've tried so many things, and I can't figure out if this is even possible. I hope my explanation made sense, I can provide more info if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to find a way to:

Use a referenced lookup value from sheet "A", to return values, from several columns in sheet "B"

Things to note:

a) The lookup values sometimes repeat. I need all the associated values with each repetition as well.

b) The lookup values in sheet "A" are a comprehensive list, sheet "B" also contains some of these values but not all. Essentially, what I need to do is find a way to lookup each value in an account numbers column in sheet "A", against a different account numbers column in sheet "B".

If that value occurs in sheet "B" I want it to return the values from Columns X, Y, Z, (I want these values returned in sheet "A".

If that value does not occur in sheet B, the corresponding cells should remain blank.

If the lookup value occurs multiple times, I need all the corresponding values from each of X, Y, Z columns.

I've tried so many things, and I can't figure out if this is even possible. I hope my explanation made sense, I can provide more info if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to MrExcel.
Is there only one column for the lookup value?
Could you provide sample of your data?
Please see below how to do it.

Upvote 0
There is only one column for the lookup value, yes. Unfortunately, I can't provide a sample. But I suppose I could create some dummy-data, same format? I will do that shortly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveg127

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back