Returning multiple rows from disconnected slicer

lukecs

I'm trying to take a database of 3D points with 3 coordinates and a database with volumes that has min coordinates and max coordinates (6 coordinates / columns) and determine if the 3D point is in the selected 3D volumes.

The problem is rather complex but the issues i am having with powerpivot can be simplified to the following example.
Table 1 has one column of values 2, 13, 3 ,15 ,22
Table 2 has three columns, first column is range name, second is the start of the range and third is the end of the range.
Range NameStart RangeEnd Range

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'd like to setup a pivot table showing the values in Table 1 that match the range names that are selected in a slicer next to it. I'd like to set it up so that multiple range names can be selected and it returns all values that are located in any of the ranges.

This formula works but it does not update based on the slicer selection
=if(calculate(SUM('Table'[Range Name]),filter('Table',[Value]>'Table'[Start Range]&&[Value]<'Table'[End Range]))>0,TRUE,FALSE)

To relate this example to my original problem I'd just need to do this three times for X, Y and Z coordinates. Note to further complicate my specific problem I also have a database of lines and volumes that I would like to relate to the reference volumes to determine if they are inside the volume, touch the volume or go through the volume.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHOJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back