Right Mouse Functions in Excel

linda53

I have excel 2000
when I click in a cell that has data and choose my right mouse button, the following options are in gray and not available:

Cut
Copy
Paste
Paste Special
Clear contents
Format cells

In order to use any of these functions, I have to click in the cell and go to the top of the screen to a pull down menu or icon.

Any suggestions? I even re-installed the program and asked the IT guys at work and they had no answer. :rolleyes:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

indiantrix

Linda,
You may have the Essbase addin, which has a control switch in a dropdown menu that alters the secondary mouse button function. Change that setting and see what you get... More specific info may be available to you from a prior post on Essbase... just search this site for Essbase and mouse and right...
Good Luck! /s/ Larry

Boller

Banned
Try running this code :-

Code:
Dim icbc As Integer, cbcs As CommandBarControls
Set cbcs = Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls
For icbc = 1 To cbcs.Count
     cbcs(icbc).Enabled = True
Next icbc

linda53

Right Mouse Function

Thank you for your help. It enabled me to know a little more of the issue. Although your suggestion didn't quite work, I was able to go the microsoft website and find a similar question.

What was suggested worked for me. It is as follows, for anyone else that may have the same problem.

Alt-F11 (to get to VBE)
Ctrl-G (to go to immediate window)

Type:
Application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true
Alt-Q

Thanks again for leading me down the right path..... :biggrin:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bernardazar