Risk Assessment and Residual Risk Matrix

dancingdeer

I am looking for some assistance on making this assessment worksheet function correctly.
I have a column for the Likelihood and a column for the severity I would like to combine the likelihood and the Severity to come together to make the Risk Level ie. Frequent and Hazardious make for a High risk Level.This workbook will be able to be edited by others and the different likelihoods and different Severities will change often so I need the risk level to change with it, also I am looking to change the background cell in the Risk Level to change colors as the level increses or decreases. I have tried many formulas and I seem to only get partially there. Thank You all so much for all your info I have come across many helpers on here.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
What are all of the possible Likelihoods, Severities, and Risk Levels?
Which combinations determine which Risk Levels?
What color would you like each Risk Level to be?

Upvote 0
The Possible Likelihoods are Frequent,Probable,Ocassional,Remote and Improbable.
The Possible Severities are Negligible, Marginal, Critical and Catastrophic.
The Risk Levels are Low=Green, Medium=Yellow and High=Red.
The combinations will be a combination of the likelihood and Severity (ie. Frequent Negligible,Frequent Marginal, Frequent Critical, Frequent Catastrophic ect.)
Thank you
Christina

Upvote 0
Thanks Christina.

Do you have a matrix to determine the risk level (e.g. remote negligible = low, frequent critical = high, etc.)?

Upvote 0
What is the sheet name and cell range for your matrix?
What is the sheet name and columns for Likelihood and Severity?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I could only view part of your file due to network restrictions on my end, so I will have to make some assumptions.

Assuming your matrix is on Sheet 4 in cells A1:F5 with severity in column A and Likelihood in row 1 ...AND...
Assuming, on your form sheet, Likelihood starting in C5 and Severity starting in D5, put this formula in E5:

=INDEX(Sheet4!$B$2:$F$5,MATCH(D5,Sheet4!$A$2:$A$5,0),MATCH(C5,Sheet4!$B$1:$F$1,0))

Then conditionally format cell E5 with:
=E5="HIGH" <--set fill to red
=E5="MEDIUM" <--set fill to yellow
=E5="LOW" <--set fill to green

Copy formula and formatting down as needed.

Sorry, I know this makes a lot of assumptions, but hopefully it gets you going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back