Risk Matrix Index and Match Problem

cwren007

Hello once again people.
I have a problem i have been trying and it has been trying me.
I am try to index and Match from a risk 5x5 table and place the corresponding outcome from the risk matrix.
I have tried various formula for indexing and matching with a result of "Value"or Ïndex"in the cell i want the out come to be in.
So if cell "B3"=serious" and Cell "C"3 = "Likely" then in cell "D" = "High" and the cell is YELLOW with "HIGH" txt in the Cell.
The Pic below shows the excel spreadsheet and Risk matrix . This is how it is on my Spreadsheet.
ABCDTUVWXY
1ConsequenceRareLikelihoodPossibleLikelyCertanty
2ConsequenceLikelyHoodRisk5ModeratehighExtremeExtremeExtreme
3QA SystemSeriousModerateHigh4ModerateHighHighExtremeExtreme
4Qp1MajorLikelyExtreme3ModerateModerateHighHighExtreme
5QP2Minor possibleLow2LowLowModerateHighHigh
6QP31LowlowModerateModerateHigh
7QP4
8QP5

<tbody>
</tbody>
Column "D" is calculated based on the combination of columns "b"and "C taken from Columns U to Y and Rows 2 to 6

If any one can help that would be much appreciated

thanks
Chris

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Chris. I cannot follow your layout. Surely you should have an array showing Consequence in Row 1 and Likelihood in column T. The output should be an index match of these two options. You show in B3 a consequence of "Serious". this is not listed in your Consequence options. The likelihood in C3 is "Moderate", but you have only numbers in the likelihood column. There is no way that you could use such an array in the way you suggest.

Upvote 0
Chris. I cannot follow your layout. Surely you should have an array showing Consequence in Row 1 and Likelihood in column T. The output should be an index match of these two options. You show in B3 a consequence of "Serious". this is not listed in your Consequence options. The likelihood in C3 is "Moderate", but you have only numbers in the likelihood column. There is no way that you could use such an array in the way you suggest.
Thanks for the reply Giordano,
Actually got the formula to work. the issue was my selection criteria was slightly different in the formula to the selection list. so a space in one selection where there should have not been a space.
Anyway thanks for your assistance
and formula now works perfectly
Regards
Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back