row height: blending default w/autofit?

jan001

Board Regular
I have a report I produce (Excel 2010) every month for management. It's usually 1200 to 1500 rows. The default height for each row is 32.50 but about 40-50% of the rows need to be "higher" than than to display all the content in certain cells.

If I select Auto-Fit under Home > Cells > Format, that does allow display of all the content in each cell, but it also makes certain rows very narrow if all their content fits that way. Management perceives that as difficult to read even though the font size doesn't change, and prefers a little more "white space".

If I highlight all the rows and use right-click to set the Row Height to 32.50 (the minimum height I've identified as satisfactory), then I've had to go through and manually expand the rows that need more height to display all their contents. It's not hard but it sure is tedious and there other things I'd like to do with my time. 8/

What I'm asking for is apparently a way to use a set row height of 32.50 unless a given row requires more room, in which case auto-fit kicks in. Am I missing a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance, as always.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mari_mariou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back