Runtime error '424' driving me nuts!!

JoanaMartins

Please, I so need your help!

The error appears when i do the set w thing!

I am kind of a beginner so can you kindly help me?

Code:
Sub Datas()

Dim w As Range
Dim t As Long
Dim i As Long

t = Sheets("Crono").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For i = 8 To t

Set w = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("C:C").Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("A" & i).Value).Row

If Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("D" & w).Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("C" & i).Value).Row Then

Sheets("Crono").Range("F" & i).Value = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("R" & w).Value
Sheets("Crono").Range("G" & i).Value = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("S" & w).Value

Else

End If

Next i

End Sub

Thank you in advance!

wideboydixon

Code:
Set w = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("C:C").Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("A" & i).Value).Row
w is a Range
You're trying to assign a numeric value to it (.Row)

WBD

JoanaMartins

But I need the number of the row because I use it below :(

If I change to this it happens error 91!

Can you please help?

Code:
Sub Datas()

Dim w As Long
Dim t As Long
Dim i As Long

For i = 8 To t

w = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("C:C").Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("A" & i).Value).Row

If Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("D" & w).Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("C" & i).Value).Row Then

Sheets("Crono").Range("F" & i).Value = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("R" & w).Value
Sheets("Crono").Range("G" & i).Value = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("S" & w).Value

Else

End If

Next i

End Sub

wideboydixon

Perhaps you're not dealing with the situation where the Find() doesn't actually find the text?

WBD

steve the fish

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You need to use the Set with .Find because it produces a range object. Objects require the use of Set. Once your range has been found then use w.Row

JoanaMartins

I never thought of that but it might actually be true. because i don't want it to find the exact data that is on the cell but that it contains that text.

I thought that the .find() did that. Maybe I am wrong :s

JoanaMartins

Like this?

Code:
Sub Datas()

Dim w As Range
Dim j As Long
Dim t As Long
Dim i As Long

For i = 8 To t

Set w = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("C:C").Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("A" & i).Value)

j = w.Row

If Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("D" & j).Find(Sheets("Crono").Range("C" & i).Value).Row Then

Sheets("Crono").Range("F" & i).Value = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("R" & j).Value
Sheets("Crono").Range("G" & i).Value = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("S" & j).Value

Else

End If

Next i

End Sub

steve the fish

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Heres an example of .Find with various variables

Code:
Set myFind = Sheets(counter).Cells.Find(What:=datatoFind, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, MatchCase:=False)

steve the fish

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try like this:

Code:
Set w = Sheets("Projetos NOVO").Range("C:C").Find(What:=Sheets("Crono").Range("A" & i).Value, _
    LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, MatchCase:=False)
If Not w Is Nothing Then
    j = w.Row
    MsgBox j
End If

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_Dubs

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...