salesforce office toolkit with vba

dspel79082

Board Regular
Hello, for several years I have been using salesforce office toolkit to query, create and update salesforce records through Excel vba. Although I have no background in any other coding languages, I have worked out the queries,updates, etc. With one exception - I cannot get subqueries working.

All of my child-to-parent queries work fine.
Example that works - "SELECT Id, FirstName, LastName,account.name FROM Contact where Account.name like 'Acme%'"

However when I change it from child-to-parent to parent-to-child SalesForce returns an error saying that the object account is not supported - Example that fails - "Select id, name, (select id, firstname, lastname from contacts) from account where name like 'Acme%'"

This is the same for all object that I query. Child-to-parent queries work as expected, but parent-to-child subqueries always return the same error saying that the child object is not supported.
All available documentation that I can find, says that subqueries are supposed to work with the salesforce office toolkit. For me they do not.
These subqueries do work with third party add-ins, such as the Enabler for Excel, but not with VBA.

I cannot find any help on this subject in order to determine if I am doing something wrong or if subqueries simply do not work with VBA and the salesforce office toolkit.
Anyone?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hello,

Thank you for your post. I am not able to help you with the issue that you posted about, but I hope that you can help me with learning more about the Salesforce Connector.

Certainly you are much further along the learning curve than I am, so I wisk to ask if you can point me to a book, publication or website where I can get good information about using the Salesforce Connectore UPDATE function. I can't seem to find any API docs or a definitive explantion or example of how to UPDATE a record in Salesfoce.

We currently use salesforce objects in Excel and we have developed applications to pull data from Salesforce, but I need to create a follow-up process to our reports where we send selected field (column) updates to change the Salesforce database.

Thank you, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jerry Mascaro, Florida

Upvote 0
Hello.
Does anyone know of any software which accompanies multiple sales reps and a sales manager?

I have been slowly building up my own database with MySQL and PHP but I need more and have run out of time. Thus I am probably going to scratch the whole idea and just adopt some "off the shelf" program.

I'd like a system that allows an administrative assistant to enter in new leads as they come in. The sales manager can assign the leads to a specific sales rep. The sales rep can print the lead details and add notes to the lead, as well as update the status of the lead sales force donation processing "Pending, dead or sold". Also very important is reporting the sale date.

The reason I started writing my own database is that I never found what I needed off the shelf... Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hello.
Does anyone know of any software which accompanies multiple sales reps and a sales manager?

I have been slowly building up my own database with MySQL and PHP but I need more and have run out of time. Thus I am probably going to scratch the whole idea and just adopt some "off the shelf" program.

I'd like a system that allows an administrative assistant to enter in new leads as they come in. The sales manager can assign the leads to a specific sales rep. The sales rep can print the lead details and add notes to the lead, Salesforce Experience Cloud consulting https://advancedcommunities.com/salesforce-community-cloud-consulting/ as well as update the status of the lead sales force donation processing "Pending, dead or sold". Also very important is reporting the sale date.

The reason I started writing my own database is that I never found what I needed off the shelf... Any ideas?
no response.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoniJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back