Search and highlight cells

ghard1

Hi everyone,

I have 3 worksheets A, B and C. Worksheet A and B have numbers in three columns. In worksheet C, column D, I would like a formula or conditional formatting which will search worksheet A for the number in column D and if it finds the same number as the one in the cell, it highlights the cell Green. I would also like it to search worksheet B and if the number is in worksheet B, highlight the cell Red. In no cases will the number be in both worksheets (A and B). Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Thanks for any help you can shed on this.

My mistake - I assumed the lookup range in sheets A and B was one column wide - but re-reading your post I see you didn't actually say that. Be aware that if your named range includes columns other than columns you want to search, and assuming you use the countif approach, then you run the risk of getting a false positive, so restrict the named range to the column(s) you actually want to search.

Cheers
Andrew

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back