Search Boxes for users

Eurekaonide

Hi All

Im hoping someone can help me please.

Im looking to be able to create a search box in Excel using formulas and Active X list box

I have two options for searches that could be carried out one is an ID which is numerical the other is a Name which would be Text.

I can create this for one search at a time only currently
A box for the user to put the search Word or part number in and a corresponding List box shows the results

However I cant seem to get this to work for either or the searches. Ive tried various ways of creating a reslts box then ptting in the results box an If statement with OR or AND and Nested If statements but one always overrides the other.

Basically the user needs to be able to search by a word or number and the result being the Name and ID from the corresponding table or a not found. But if they enter into both boxes (or one if it can be done in just one box) it needs to advise only one selection at a time.

Im trying to do this without VBA if I can

Thanks

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi All

Im hoping someone can help me please.

Im looking to be able to create a search box in Excel using formulas and Active X list box

I have two options for searches that could be carried out one is an ID which is numerical the other is a Name which would be Text.

I can create this for one search at a time only currently
A box for the user to put the search Word or part number in and a corresponding List box shows the results

However I cant seem to get this to work for either or the searches. Ive tried various ways of creating a reslts box then ptting in the results box an If statement with OR or AND and Nested If statements but one always overrides the other.

Basically the user needs to be able to search by a word or number and the result being the Name and ID from the corresponding table or a not found. But if they enter into both boxes (or one if it can be done in just one box) it needs to advise only one selection at a time.

Im trying to do this without VBA if I can

Thanks
Can you give us a sample (mini-sheet) of your worksheet, formula(s) and your ListBox?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back