Searchable Data Validation List

CDNWolf

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been looking for a simple searchable data validation list option.

Ultimately I created a range and then used a filter formula to look for a text string contained in the validation list. It works but is not a simple as the video I came across the other day...

Can someone please explain why I can't use the features as outlined in the video and yes I am using Office 365

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I am using Office 365
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

why I can't use the features as outlined in the video
Possibly because you are not in the Beta Channel of releases?

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Possibly because you are not in the Beta Channel of releases?
Peter,

Thank you for your reply and I have updated my details as suggested.

I am quite surprised that the solution provided in the video is not readily available. This video was released in Jan 2022

Do you have a solution when using a Data Validation list of over 100 items without the need to scroll through your options and blank cells?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply and I have updated my details as suggested.
You're welcome, and thanks for updating your details.

I am quite surprised that the solution provided in the video is not readily available. This video was released in Jan 2022
New features are generally released to a limited group of users, often the Beta Channel subscribers. If any bugs or further possible improvements turn up with that smaller group of users, Microsoft may decide not to release the feature generally or they may spend time fixing bugs and/or making further improvements before then (gradually) releasing the feature to other users. That whole process can take quite a while. If you want early access to new features you can subscribe to the Beta Channel through the Insider program but of course there is always a slight risk with new features that they could not work smoothly and/or may cause other problems with your workbooks.

Do you have a solution when using a Data Validation list of over 100 items without the need to scroll through your options and blank cells?
See if this has something useful to you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back