Select PO number from drop down menu then have it deleted then re-populated with the next number replacing after printing?

KendoMcCaff

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello first time poster on one of these forums apologies if it's in the wrong thread.
I have tried to search for this query however i cannot seem to get the words correct to find anything similar.

Basically what I have is a drop down list containing a list of companies.
When a company is selected their corresponding PO numbers become available in a seperate drop down list..
Each company has a unique order number starting with their initials and then going up in increments of 1 i.e GMHWE0001 GMHWE0002 etc.

At current when I have made my selections and printed, I will go to their POnumber tab and then delete and shift cells up so I don't get any duplicates.
I would love this to be automated so that I can rule out human error of forgetting to delete the POnumber after I have finished with it.
I believe this can only be possible through VBA/Macros however I do not have the knowledge to do this myself.

I would like the POnumber tab to delete the cell containing the data after it has been printed and then re-populate that cell with the number below..

Is it possible??

Thanks for taking the time to read and apologies if in the wrong place.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You said:
What is a drop down list?
If this a Data validation list in some column?
Or is this a Combobox on your sheet
Please explain in detail.

Then you said:
I will go to their POnumber tab So this is a sheet name "PO"
And where in this sheet will this value be?
Should we search column 1 or column 35?

Upvote 0
You said:
What is a drop down list?
If this a Data validation list in some column?
Or is this a Combobox on your sheet
Please explain in detail.

Then you said:
I will go to their POnumber tab So this is a sheet name "PO"

And where in this sheet will this value be?

Should we search column 1 or column 35?

Ok. i have a worksheet which has 7 extra tabs/sheets at the bottom. The main sheet where the final information shown before printing is called ' Dispatch Manual '.
I want to make my idea work on 3 of the tabs named 'WB No.' 'GTN' and 'CompanyData'
I don't want any other information to change.
Sheet named 'WB No' and 'GTN' are Data Validation
Sheet named 'CompanyData' is name defined from the Formula tab within Excel.

My final printed sheet that has all the completed entries I have called 'Dispatch Manual '.
B15 on 'Dispatch Manual ' takes its data from column A in the 'companydata' tab and i have an =indirect formula in F15 which takes its data from column B to column J in the 'companydata' tab. These have been Defined Names from Formula tab on excel.
Column A inside the 'companydata' tab is the list of companies I take orders from and columns B to J 'companydata' is their corresponding PO numbers.

I have a drop down list in 'Dispatch Manual ' D24 which contains sample bag numbers which is just data vertification and takes its data from column B in a tab named 'GTN'.

I have a final drop down list which contains weighbridge numbers in 'Dispatch Manual ' F42 which again is Data Vertification and takes its data from a tab called 'WB No' Column A.

As the PO numbers, Sample Bag Numbers and Weighbridge Numbers will never be used twice. I really would like for these numbers to be deleted from their tabs and repopulated with the next set of numbers after I have Printed the sheet.

Hope this is enough for you. Thank for your time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back