Selecting data from two different columns and rows and making a new calendar

Mollybop

Hi!

(THIS IS MY FIRST FORUM POST!)

I have been making a schedule for school, we have two terms running concurrently with multiple disciplines, instructors, rooms, and lessons.

I have 3 sheets that are important:

• T1T4-Actual Calendar with drop boxes that connect to the class list, including the room number, instructor, showing both terms at once so I can check any room or instructor conflict, with buttons two hide one term so I can export each schedule separately for students and staff
  • C1C4-Class list where data will updated and changed
  • Indiv Sched- (and I dont know what the best way to do this is) ideally I would like to be able to select an instructor and then have a formula check each day, each block (morning, afternoon, and evening) for their name in both terms so that they can have a schedule with only their classes. I cant figure out how to do this. If theres a smart or a long way I will take it, even if it means having a sheet for each instructor thats totally fine. Or copying a formula into each cell....anything that allows me to print off a 7 column/day calendar with the classes they teach from both terms in one document.

I would rather not simply hide or dim the others because when you print the calendar 14 columns across it makes the font really small and I think people will be confused.

It's a bit messy because I had a deadline while I was making it so as new data was being entered I didn't clean up the tables and conditional formatting as I would like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gh15e3k1evo4l1i/Calendar Work book .xlsm?dl=0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back