Send Workbook Limiting Sheet View

Blowfish

Hey guys.

I am new into this VBA Macro thingy, and I would appreciate some help to complete my Excel document. No asking to do it for me :p, hence assist me if possible as I intend to learn it too.

So, I did create a Service request form (excel xlsm) simple document, where the applicant fill in the details in SHEET1 and it is copied all the details to SHEET2 using a simple link, which Sheet2 is send out as receipt.

On Sheet1 there is a macro button to send Sheet2 only as email attachment, which Sheet2 has 2 other macros. However, the fact that all the data is originate (linked) from Sheet1 it requires to Break the links once the document sent is open, but breaking the link VBA code somehow it unlink the macro buttons which is not ideal.

Therefore, how can I do to send the whole Workbook, and permanently show ONLY a specific worksheet “Sheet2”, so the people can’t see other data within the whole document, by doing so I assume it wouldn’t need to break any link. Does it make sense.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
So what you need to do is have it run a macro on start-up that is Sheet1.Visible = False. Then whenever you call a macro that needs Sheet1 do Sheet2.Visible = True, once the macro has ran have it end with Sheet2.Visible = False. Sorry for the late reply, I hope this still helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syzer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back