Separate cell data ( based on color)?

A_K

Hi, I have downloaded the data in the table, and it came with the percent numbers (in grey) stuck to the volume numbers (in black). I have 400 rows like this and need two columns - one for volume numbers and the other for percent numbers. Because I have various numbers of characters in each row that need to be separated, I cannot use a LEFT/RIGHT formula. Is there an alternative way to separate these? two

Many thanks!
A_K

Product139(1%)
Product2398(10.16%)
Product3432(11.02%)
Product42756(70.3%)
Product5456(11.64%)
Product6457(11.66%)
Product7482(12.3%)
Product8328(8.37%)
Product92884(73.6%)

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

njimack

The easiest way would be to use Text to Columns, with the bracket "(" as the delimiter. Or if you'd prefer a formula approach, try this:
C2:=LEFT(B2,FIND("(",B2)-1)
D2: =SUBSTITUTE(B2,C2,"")

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Can't you use these formulas in C1 and D1 copied down?

=LEFT(B1,FIND("(",B1)-1)+0
=REPLACE(B1,1,LEN(C1),"")+0

A_K

Thank you, njimack, Andrew,

I have tried with the formulas - they work, but return negative values, because of the parenthesis. So eventually I used Text to Columns proposed by njimack and then replaced the remaining ")" with nothing.

Thank you for help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptomike

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...