Setting availability matrix using information in other cells in Excel 2007, VBA unallowed.

JaeDyAy

Hello, I've an Excel-related question with regards to one of my courseworks, which disallows the use of VBA in order to find a solution.

The aim of the coursework is to provide a working model for a fictional online bookshop that can receive different staff scheduling information as input; I have been given inter-ordering times and the different lengths of time it can take for one order to be complete, but none of that data is important right now.

My main problem is that I would love to be able to create a matrix detailing how many people are "on shift," based upon a table of values.

The sheet currently contains a table and an empty matrix.

The table has the headings, {Employee ID, Starting Day [Day of the week], Paid Working Hours, Shift Start Time [hh:mm:ss], Break Start, Break Finish, Shift Finish Time} with "Break Start," "Break Finish" and "Shift Finish Time" being worked out from the values of the other cells.

The Matrix has the days of the week as the columns and all possible shift starting times, {00:00:00,01:00:00, ... ,23:00:00}, as the rows.

There's no need to be worrying about factoring in the break times; I believe I can work out that part myself. I'm just hoping that one of the fine people on here would be able to offer a hint with regards to if/how it might be possible to go about tackling this problem. Thank you very much in advance ^^

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back