Shared workbook losing filter function

DBR

I have an Excel workbook that uses a macro to generate approximately twenty different worksheets. Each worksheet has hidden columns (with a heading on each column); the data is sorted, frozen at a particular row & column and is also filtered. The page settings are also changed to legal, landscape, fit to one page wide and half inch margins. Each worksheet is protected and then the workbook protected and is shared, allowing filtering. The workbook can be modified by as many as twenty different people at one time, which is why the file is shared. After a short time however, users are experiencing an issue with the filtering in that it sometimes gets frozen, that is the drop down arrow appears but is not functional. If the file is then closed and reopened the drop down arrow is occasionally gone completely and because the file is protected the user is unable to add the filter back. I have also found when asking people to log out of the file so it can be fixed, they tell me they are not in the file even if the sharing window shows their user name as well as seeing duplicate user names. This is a monthly report and has had the same issue for the last several months. I have done some testing saving from different versions, 2003/2007, but that had no affect and I have not been able to recreate the issue. I am not able to find any information doing a search in Google or this forum. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back