Sharing documents?

Mike2502

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Hi,

I have made a mailmerge with excel and word on my local drive however as I have to roll this out for 8 people in my team I have a few questions I'm hoping to get some expert answers for

- if I copied all the files from my local and put it onto a shared drive and if they copied, would this work on their local drive (will change file paths within the code)

- will my word documents be linked with the excel file once I have copied this over to my team members personal drive?

- what's the best method to get these across to the team?

Thanks all

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Are you running the code from Word or from Excel? Have you created a merge document in Word which contains all the merge fields?

Upvote 0
Are you running the code from Word or from Excel? Have you created a merge document in Word which contains all the merge fields?

Hi Mumps,

I have macros in word and vba in the excel files, I've done the merge fields and everything is running perfectly... At the moment the codings file path is 'myuser/folder/projects/etc...'

All I have to do is change myuser to the team members computer username but I just wanted to know what's the best way to transfer the files across to the team members where it will include the macros and VBA?

Upvote 0
I think that emailing the files as attachments should work. They could then simply save them to the desired folder.

Upvote 0
I think that emailing the files as attachments should work. They could then simply save them to the desired folder.

Hi I have just tried this however excel VBA comes over but the word macros doesn't?

Is there any way around this?

Cheers

Upvote 0
If the macros are in a Normal module, insert a regular module and copy the macros there. Then save the file. See if this works for you.

Upvote 0
If the macros are in a Normal module, insert a regular module and copy the macros there. Then save the file. See if this works for you.

Hi,

It is in a regular module (I think), I don't see it below the normal module

Doesn't work unfortunately

Thanks

Upvote 0
It is in a regular module (I think)

The module should look something like the bit in blue below in the Project window.
1598123684873.png

Upvote 0
No alternative but no reason why it shouldn't "stick" as long as it is a .Docm and not a .Docx.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back