Sheet1 data input to sheet2, to find next blank

ShyReynolds

...to find the next blank row in sheet2, to form list.

Perfect world, Sheet1 is the data entry sheet, that data is sent to sheet2 [items use] and the Job name from sheet1 will go to Sheet3 to create a Job List.

I had asked this question on another site [not the best place to look].

Is there anyone who can give me a Word or path to find out how to do this? I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, though that would be a gift, I just need to know where to look. I have bought 3 books on VBA, and I havent gotten far. [smile]

Thank you Bunches!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Try something like

Code:
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

Upvote 0
Thank you Thank you for helping me!! So nice sometimes to not be invisible. I am trying your suggestion. I believe that I am Too New for the VBA ... but I did plug that into a User Form ( was that the correct thing to do?)

I will continue to try. I have tried it in many ways with the exception of, the correct way. ha!

This is what I am now trying. I have sheet1 which is a supply list. I type in the Job name and then choose the number of items used on the job. I have those cells active to send the infor typed in goes to sheet2, BUT what I need is for the next time I type into sheet1 for that information to go in the Row under the one just typed in.

Oh My, how windy that was. Sorry about that. I do sound like a very lost soul in the dept of VBA. Any suggestions out there?

Upvote 0
If you wanted to use this from a userform, add a command button to the form and use

Rich (BB code):
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End Sub

Change the part in red to the range that you want to copy.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I will give that a try right now!

Question: if the other wasn't for Userform, where was I to type that info, into a cell?

You have a great day!!!

Upvote 0
That isn't a formula that you can enter in a cell.

Press ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor, select Module from the Insert menu then paste into the white space on the right

Code:
Sub acopy()
End Sub
Press ALT + Q to close the code window. Press ALT + F8 and double click acopy to run the code.

Upvote 0
It Worked! I had to do something wrong b/c it didn't "insert" the second name. BUT it did do the first.. I am on my way thanks to you!!!!

(should I do a "Loop" after th (x1Up?)

Today - You are My Hero!

I'm guessin' you think I'm inexperienced in a ditzy way, Well you are correct in a playful kind of way. I know just enough about VBA to get me
"tiffed" at myself for not being able to figure it out. I am more familiar with
Excel, though I would like to know all that Excel can do with the correct Know-How.

Again, Thank You! and wish me luck ha!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back