Show desktop when a command button is clicked on a userform

dss28

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I desire to have a command button on a userform which can show the user the desktop for opening and referring any file or running other program.
Basically required to start the whatsapp for desktop application when the user does not run it before opening the macro application for messaging.
So he has now a option to click and see the icon on desktop to run the application and return to userform back.

Will appreciate if any code is available and assigned to a command button to open and run the whatsapp for desktop application without referring the "show desktop" route

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Maybe all pc's or at least yours don't have a button at the far right of the taskbar, but mine does. If I mouse over/off it, desktop shows/app restores. If I click it, desktop stays. You might as well use that button if you have it as opposed to some other button whose code will probably fail down the road due to updates?

Upvote 0
Yes that’s what I have been doing but wonder if there is any code to open a browsing window through the xlsm file and whether any advantage over the normal method as mentioned above

Upvote 0
perhaps

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back