sorting, grouping; unwanted files

velma_b

Good morning. I am using Access 97 and I have two problems. First, I have somehow managed to delete or misplace the sorting and grouping ability in form view. The shortcut is gone and “sorting and grouping” does not appear on the “view” section. “Formatting (Form & Report) is checked under “view”, “toolbars” and the “form design” box is checked in “toolbars”, “customize”. I have tried unchecking, rechecking, and resetting, but sorting & group is still not available.

Second problem is I was attempting to assign permissions for users and realized that I had no idea what I was doing, so I canceled my entries and exited. Now, however, I have a bunch of new “Tables”: “MSysACEs, MSysModules, MsysModules2, MsysObjects, MsysQueries, MsyRelationships. These files appear only on my computer, but are present in all seven of my databases.

I’m sure it’s evident I don’t know what I’m doing and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

Sheila

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

velma_b

I resolved the second problem. I just need assistance with restoring the "sorting and grouping" function. Thanks.

Sheila

revans

I have somehow managed to delete or misplace the sorting and grouping ability in form view.
It's been a while since I've used 97 but I don't believe forms have a sortting and grouping setting. Reports do. Forms do not.

Forms have RecordSource, Filter, FilterOn, Order By, Order By On properties. Using these, sometimes in combination, you can get whatever sorting and grouping you're looking for. Without knowing what you're trying to do I don't think I can help much more than that.

hth,

Rich

velma_b

Thanks, Rich. I found what I needed in "Help" under toolbars and menu bars. I should have looked there first. I appreciate your response.

Sheila

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OptimalKR

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...