Spacing

AustinL

Board Regular
I am trying to run a report or query that includes spacing. I have a report that sums a client's services and billable amount. When I print out the query or report each client is under the next. I need a few lines or spacing to break it up and make it easier to read and have space availabe for notes. Can anybody explain how I could accomplish this?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
On the report, just leave blank space in your detail section under where you placed your fields (increase the size of the Detail section to extend below your fields).

You don't have that kind of option with a query.

AustinL

Board Regular
Jmiskey,
I tried that however it adds a space in between each entry. I would like a space in between each different client. For example:

Jim - job 1
Jim - job 2
Jim - job 3

Ken- job 1
ken- job 2

Bob - job 1
bob - job 2

Joe4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
On the report, click on the Grouping button, and elect to group on your Client field. Elect to show both the Group Header and Group Footer. Then add the fields to the Group Header section, with NO extra spacing. Then, just have blank space in the Group Footer. Then it will only print the blank spaces after each group (client).

AustinL

Board Regular

ADVERTISEMENT

jmiskey,
Thanks it worked great! my next addition is that i need to add a total and thats where I am lost. For example again:

Jim - job 1
Jim - job 2
jim - job 3
Total 2345

ken job 1
ken job 2
total 321

Joe4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Put that in the group footer as well, at the top with the blank space below it.

AustinL

Board Regular

ADVERTISEMENT

how do i do that? sorry, i am somewhat new to all of this.

Joe4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Take a look at this item in Access help. It tells you how to build calculated text boxes for things like SUMs or other calulcations. Simply type this expression into Access help and click enter.

Create a calculated control on a form or report

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloalex