"Split Screen" effect to have hyperlink list on the left for navigation

bikeordie1

So what i have is about 50 sheets all formatted generally the same that contain various bits of info on products. On one sheet i have the list of all the products by Code# and they're all hyper-linked to the corresponding sheet. at the top of all the other pages is a button to bring you back to the first worksheet with the list, thus the ability to jump around to different products without hunting for a tab.

What id like to have is some sort of split screen effect so my list can remain on the left hand side of the screen and when clicked the right hand side of the split screen goes to the corresponding sheet.

I have experience in VBA so that's an option if there isn't something "built in"

Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I have 2010 so this might not be available in your version, but under the view tab you can set it to view side by side. Then set your hyperlinks to open the worksheets. Save workspace and the next time you open that workspace, it will be in the same format. I dont know if that is exactly what you are looking for or not. It does create the seperate view you are looking for I believe.

Upvote 0
I should have been clearer sorry... My 50 worksheets are tabs... so I'm looking for a way to make the "left side" of the screen "frozen" to my hyperlinked list and the right side show the contents of whatever tab is selected from the left. if that makes sense
thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back