SQL Connection in Excel - Filtering on Date based existing Data

PCRIDE

HI, I am using a SQL QUery to pull data into a Table, in Excel. Everything work great. However my query is about a 4 month range and I need at least 4 months of data in order for the forecasting to work properly.

http://www.velocityscape.com/help/database_how_to_s/connecting_to_sql_from_excel.htm

Once I have ran the Refresh once, I have all the historical data to do the forecasting, what I need to tell Excel to do is.

Keep the existing data and add new data based on TODAY() date.

Is this possible so I don't have to refresh 4 months of data every time this is refreshed? A 4 month date range can take up to 15 min to run, whereas 1 days of data will take only about 30 seconds.

I simply want to keep the historical and add on each new day of data.

thanks,

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Bumping this to the top.

After I have converted my manual data dumping into this SQL based query everything works great. I do have to set the Date manually and wait for the entire refresh to take place which is about 5 minutes for 2 sheets to update.

The question I have on this. Now some of the formulas (SUMIFS) formulas are not working. It seems like Excel doesn't want to SUMIF but I have checked each section of the formula. For example, I can create a SUM formula between 2 sheets that now use the data connection and it works, but as soon as I add the SUMIF and add multiple criteria it fails.

Any ideas? I have checked and double checked everything..

Here is my code. Again it will work doing a simple sum between the 2 workbooks, but not the whole formula.

IF(Forecast!$A$60=FALSE,"",(SUMIFS('[-With ID.xlsm]Data'!$J:$J,'[-With ID.xlsm]Data'!$W:$W,B5,'[-With ID.xlsm]Data'!$C:$C,"Aux1",'[-With ID.xlsm]Data'!$AB:$AB,"1")/60)/(SUMIFS('[-With ID.xlsm]ACD Data'!$O:$O,'[-With ID.xlsm]ACD Data'!$B:$B,B5,'[-With ID.xlsm]ACD Data'!$AD:$AD,"1")/60))

Upvote 0
Excel Data Connection and Formulas

When using excel to connect to SQL, you can configure the connection to dump in data as a pivot table or Table. I have chosen a table. When using Formulas in non Table formatted cells next to the SQL Table dump, the formulas seem to follow the orginal row of data. So each time I refresh the formulas are not pointing to the correct row causing the data to be skewed.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Here is a picture of Excel Table Properties which might be moving the formulas?
http://sdrv.ms/MmK5XK

Its not a virus - LOL , it linked to my Sky Drive

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back