Stop Random Reformat

joferder

Board Regular
I am really hoping that some one can help me. I have been working on a series of workbooks that are tied together and I thought that I had it all worked out but now it's starting to reformat cells at random. This project consists of 5 workbooks and they are all pretty similar in formatting and design. At the top I have a section that is set to have the name of certain type of training in cell "G2" and then how many months the training has to be repeated in cell "G3" and it continues like that across the top of the worksheet. Then there is a list of all the people in my unit and below that there is a list of the number of people trained in cell "H38" and then the percent trained in cell "H39". Now the problem that I am having is that Excel is randomly reformatting the data in cells "G3" and "H38" so that it will appear as dates rather than numbers (with 0 digits after the ".") or as General. If this had only happened once then I would have chaulked it up to user error of some kind or another (the cells are locked so that they can't mess with them), but since it has happened a second time and this time was on my watch, I really have no idea what is going on. It is a big pain to go back and change it again since each workbook has 7-8 worksheets and each worksheet is locked.

If anyone has any advice on how to make it so that this will stop doing this I would greatly appreciate your help.

John

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back