Streamlining Formula

Brutium

Board Regular
Hello all,
I have this formula in a cell that adds-up entries in various cells (10 per row), and gives me a percentile.
Is there a way I could streamline it so I do nor have such a LOOOOONG formula?

HTML:
=IFERROR((IF(ISBLANK(C9),0,C9/C$7)+IF(ISBLANK(D9),0,D9/D$7)+IF(ISBLANK(E9),0,E9/E$7)+IF(ISBLANK(F9),0,F9/F$7)+IF(ISBLANK(G9),0,G9/G$7)+IF(ISBLANK(H9),0,H9/H$7)+IF(ISBLANK(I9),0,I9/I$7)+IF(ISBLANK(J9),0,J9/J$7)+IF(ISBLANK(K9),0,K9/K$7)+IF(ISBLANK(L9),0,L9/L$7))/(IF(ISBLANK(C9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(D9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(E9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(F9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(G9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(H9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(I9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(J9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(K9),0,1)+IF(ISBLANK(L9),0,1)),"")

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Maybe ...

=SUMPRODUCT(IF(C$7:L$7<>0, C9:L9/C$7:L$7)) / COUNT(C9:L9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting problem. I still have no idea what you're doing.

dividing a blank by something will give you zero, so no ifblanks are needed for the top of the big divide. To divide each of the cells by their counterpart, use =SUM(C9:L9/C7:L7) and press ctrl-shift-enter because it is an array formula acting across many cell pairs.

On the bottom, you want 1's for things that exist and 0's if they don't, which is what the count function will do for us.
=count(C9:L9)

Then do the big divide:
=SUM(C9:L9/C7:L7)/COUNT(C9:L9) with ctrl-shift-enter. Once it knows it's an array formula, it will appear as:
{=SUM(C9:L9/C7:L7)/COUNT(C9:L9)}

Upvote 0
Thank you all....

SHG, Thank you , but your formula does not give me any values.

krausr79, what I am doing is calculate the average of marks that students get in various tests. On row 7 I have the "out of" marks and on row 9 I will have the mark that the students get on the individual test. What I am trying to accomplish is omit the cells that do not have any marks due, possibly, to a student who missed a test. I hope this gives you some more information on what I am trying to do....

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back