Submitting lines of info into multiple cells using 1 UserForm TextBox

Zerker

I am trying to figure out a way that I can make a UserForm that i can submit 5 lines of information into 1 TextBox and have it separate the information into cells. The information will always be in this format:

BOB ROSS
PAINTER
123 OAKTREE DR
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 12345
(123)456-7890

I am looking to just be able to copy all of this information at one time from one page, paste it to the UserForm in txtInformation, Press btnSubmit, and have the information transpose into individual cells.

A1:BOB ROSS A2:PAINTER A3:123 OAKTREE DR A4:SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 12345 A5: (123)456-7890

Then after submission have the UserForm Reset ready for the next submission, while running excel in the background.

Is there a method I can use to achieve this, or is the only way to make individual TextBoxes for each field? Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Your wanting to take information from your sheet. Put it into a Textbox in a Userform and then put the text back into your sheet. What is the purpose of doing things this way?

Maybe you can tell us what your data looks like now and how you want it to look when we are done.

We need specific details like column numbers sheet names and maybe more.

Upvote 0
Your wanting to take information from your sheet. Put it into a Textbox in a Userform and then put the text back into your sheet. What is the purpose of doing things this way?

Maybe you can tell us what your data looks like now and how you want it to look when we are done.

We need specific details like column numbers sheet names and maybe more.

The data is coming from a webpage and is in the format that i listed. That's why it would be easier for me to copy all of the information at once, instead of copying each individual line and pasting it into separate text boxes. There are going to be way to many submissions for me to manually enter everything in for each listing, and having the information transposed into an excel sheet would allow for sorting through by phone number which the website does not allow. The sheets are going to be broken down by days of the week.

This is going to be a log of information that i would like to be able to sort by phone number

Upvote 0
I am really just looking to see if there is a way that I can have a mini excel sheet in a UserForm that when that information is submitted via a Submit button can transpose into the sheet running in the background.

Upvote 0
First you said a Textbox in a UserForm. Now your saying a Mini Spreadsheet in a UserForm

It's very hard to help people when you change what you want.

Are you talking about hundreds of lines from a Web Page you want to copy all at once or 5 lines at a time?

And if a Mini Spreadsheet would work why not just use a normal spreadsheet not in a UserForm?

I do not know how to put a Mini Spreadsheet in a UserForm.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back