Sum forumla referencing external sheet

Harvey12

Board Regular
Hi all,

I have a large formula which currently looks into another workbook, part of which is as follows: [Project_Record_List_05.02.2016.xlsx]Customer Handling'!$B$15), the 'Customer Handling' is of course the title of the tab the formula is referencing in to but is also written in cell C2 in the destination file. Currently this formula is written in 50 sheets and updated weekly therefore I have to go into each sheet, change the date, eg. where you can see... '05.02.2016' is for this week so it can look at last weeks data, I change this on the first tab, then select all tabs, copy the formula across then proceed into each sheet and change each tab title (Because of course I changed the date in the first tab now all of the others look at the data from that tab), in this example 'Customer Handling' to the tab I am writing the formula for.

What I was hoping to achieve is that I could use cell C2 as a reference point for that formula, so it will look in the same location etc but will look for the name in C2?

Is this possible?

Many thanks,
Harvey

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back