SUMIF with sum_range data offset by one row down

nocturnal028

All,

This seems like it should be trivial but I am stumped and could use a quick nudge in the right direction.

I have a spreadsheet with a bunch of imported records in it and I am stuck with the format as it is. I have all of my sumif "range" data located in column C. All of the sumif "sum_range" data is located in column I. The problem is, the data I am trying to sum in column I is offset down one row from my matching condition in column C. So, for the first match, the match happens in C12 but the sum number is in I13; for the second match, the match is in C18 and the sum number is in I19, Etc. This offset is always the same (row+1) through potentially hundreds of records.

If the data lined up, I would have an easy formula of =SUMIF(C:C, criteria, I:I) but since the I column data is offset by one row down, I need something different. It doesn't appear that I can simply offset the I:I address.

Is there an easy way to make the sumif look one row lower for the sum number? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I searched the board for possible solutions and found a few things kind of similar but not exact so I apologize if I missed a posting to solve this.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Thanks Andrew! I knew there was an obvious (to somebody) answer out there. That works perfectly for my application!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back