SUMIFS across multiple workbooks only works when workbooks are open.

StaceyVECL

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have multiple workbooks (separate retailers) that I need to pull information from into one bigger workbook for reporting purposes.

I need the formula to calculate the date range and the product name from the retailer's workbook. The SUMIFS formula works but ONLY if I have all of the individual retailers workbooks open at the same time. Is there a work around for this?

I have moved all of the individual workbooks into the same folder as the bigger reporting workbook but it hasn't helped.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
You can use sumproduct rather than sumifs as it will work with closed workbooks.

Upvote 0
You can use sumproduct rather than sumifs as it will work with closed workbooks.
I did see that solution somewhere, but when I enter it into excel it only gives me "array 1", "array 2". I need it to look up dates between 2 ranges, and product names within those rangers. I'm not sure how to enter that into the sumproduct formula.

Upvote 0
Very difficult to help any further as you have not given any information. ;)

Upvote 0
Very difficult to help any further as you have not given any information. ;)
This is what I have using the SUMIFS - =SUMIFS('workbook1'Orders'!$D$4:$D$10999,'workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999,">="&$C$3,'workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999,"<="&$C$4,'workbook1'Orders'!$B$4:$B$10999,"TVD200WUC-ML")

D = the number of units sold
A = date of order
C3 = the start date to look up (this is in reports workbook)
C4 = the end date to look up (this is in reports workbook)
B = "product name"

How would I put this into a sumproduct?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, it would be like
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(('workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999>=$C$3)*('workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999<=$C$4)*('workbook1'Orders'!$B$4:$B$10999="TVD200WUC-ML")*('workbook1'Orders'!$D$4:$D$10999))
although the workbook references are wrong.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for that, it would be like
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(('workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999>=$C$3)*('workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999<=$C$4)*('workbook1'Orders'!$B$4:$B$10999="TVD200WUC-ML")*('workbook1'Orders'!$D$4:$D$10999))
although the workbook references are wrong.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.
Sorry another question: will this only work if there is data in the cells? For example, there is only data up to row 46 so does my formula need to stop at row $46? or does it work with blank cells?

Upvote 0
If the cells are totally empty then it will work, if they contain a formula that returns "" you will need to use
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(('workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999>=$C$3)*('workbook1'Orders'!$A$4:$A$10999<=$C$4)*('workbook1'Orders'!$B$4:$B$10999="TVD200WUC-ML"),'workbook1'Orders'!$D$4:$D$10999)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back