SUMIFS - using column & row criteria

ErinP

Is it possible to create a SUMIF formula using both a column and a row as criteria? I want to pull specific account information from one lalrge worksheet to another less detailed one. The columns include all the account numbers and the row headers show the different business units. I want to be able to pull the balance if the account # is 11111 and the business unit is ABC. I tried using the SUMIFS formula builder but got the #VALUE error.

I am not a very advanced Excel 2007 user, so any help or hints are very much appreciated.

Thanks and Sorry Mark! Being a new user, I was unaware of guidelines - so ended up posting my question in 3 related threads. Will create a new thread. Also, unable to delete the posts myself - so would request deletion.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Click the report button at the bottom of one of your posts and explain the situation and one of the Moderators or Admin will look at whether to delete the threads.

Don't worry you aren't the first new poster to post without reading the rules or guidelines and they will understand :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andile

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back