Summary Report?

sabroo2

I'm working on some homework for a CIS class, that is pretty straight forward...except I don't know how to make a summary report in excel. any ideas?

-Stan

d. Create a summary report showing population subtotals by region. Use the Subtotal command to display the associated subtotal dialog bow. The subtotal should be calculated each change in region. Use the SUM function to add the total to the population field. Check the boxes to replace current subtotals and to place the summary below data..

I am mainly having a problem with d, if anyone can help

The answer is already there.
If you go to Excel help file, you will easily get how to do it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Yea you are right, but how to i calculate the subtotals by the region column?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea you are right, but how to i calculate the subtotals by the region column?

Have you tried to go through the help file and the link I posted for you?

I guess why so many people are relucatant to just give you the answer is if that were the case then some one else has done your assigmnet for you. I think it's kind of a ethical matter rather than people not being helpful...

Upvote 0
it's not an ethical problem, I only have to get a 75% to get full credit on the web assignment, and I have that already without this entire problem. I was just trying to figure out how to do this for my exam next Friday....I'm impressed to find people that are more worthless at explaining even the most basic excel tasks than my CIS labtech...Good job.

Upvote 0
Don't be too lazy.

Try to get the solution from the link/helo file and if you still don't understand, ask the specific part.

Upvote 0
Ok guys...now that I've already turned in my homework and it's not an ethical problem, can anyone give me some real advice before I have the exam?

Upvote 0
Ok guys...now that I've already turned in my homework and it's not an ethical problem, can anyone give me some real advice before I have the exam?

Ok I think we may have lost our way...

What exactly are you attempting to achieve? Please post some sample data with expected results and I'm sure one of us can provide you with the answer your looking for...

Upvote 0
Ok I think we may have lost our way...

What exactly are you attempting to achieve? Please post some sample data with expected results and I'm sure one of us can provide you with the answer your looking for...

hah that's the problem...they don't really specify what exactly it is that they want...but its ok, I'm actually pretty sure that link someone posted awhile back did help...or atleast the link in it to autofilter basics. Thanks for the help everyone.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narrian

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back