Swiss Ephemeris in Excel using vba

amar teja

Hi all

Shortly: I want the swiss ephemeris (mainly longitudes of sun and moon) from 1900 A.D. to 2014 A.D. in excel.
Clearly: I have downloaded a software from nasa swiwin32.zip which is free ( by going through this link Index of /ftp/swisseph/programs) and when i run the software i enter my desired date and the longitudes are available as i need to get this in excel
I downloaded the excel from this link (
http://www.astrotexte.ch/sources/others/ephemeris.xls)

<tbody>
</tbody>
which is showing values what i needed when i open and while enable for editing it shows the #Name and when i enable macros it is showing #value

Can any check the code and help me in solving it??

The program interface of the software swiwin32.exe is given in this url (Programming interface to the Swiss Ephemeris)
section 18 shows in visual basic 5.0

Thanking everyone in advance!!!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
The VBA calls some functions from the dll file ( but i am unable to know whether the vba code is detecting the file or not?? as i am not getting any error if its not detecting)

Upvote 0
Hi,

The ephemerides filles should be in c:\ephe
and the dll in the proper dll directory. Which directory depends on the system you use, which means that it is different for the older version of windows then for windows8 c:\windows\syswow64. For older version I think it was c:\windows\system32
It works very well with mne

Greetings
Jan Schotten
Hi all

Shortly: I want the swiss ephemeris (mainly longitudes of sun and moon) from 1900 A.D. to 2014 A.D. in excel.
Clearly: I have downloaded a software from nasa swiwin32.zip which is free ( by going through this link Index of /ftp/swisseph/programs) and when i run the software i enter my desired date and the longitudes are available as i need to get this in excel
I downloaded the excel from this link (
http://www.astrotexte.ch/sources/others/ephemeris.xls)

<tbody>
</tbody>
which is showing values what i needed when i open and while enable for editing it shows the #Name and when i enable macros it is showing #value

Can any check the code and help me in solving it??

The program interface of the software swiwin32.exe is given in this url (Programming interface to the Swiss Ephemeris)
section 18 shows in visual basic 5.0

Thanking everyone in advance!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back