Publican

HI, suppose you hear this allot but I do not have an in depth knowledge of excel. I have search extensively for an answer to my problem but cant find one.

Problem:
I have a excel workbook which contains all the different products that I stock in my shops. I want this sheet to populate each shops individual order sheet. So list of products populates Location 1, 2 and 3 order sheet. I was able to do this using Tables and by setting up a Data source with Microsoft Queries in the Data tab (solution I found while searching).

This allows me to add new products to the main workbook and when I open the different locations workbooks and refresh the data source it updates. My problem arises as in each of the locations I have the product name which updates form the source workbook fine but I also have a quantity week 1, week 2, week 3 columns which shows the amounts I have ordered over the last 3 weeks and then a column for the current weeks order.

When I insert a new product in the main workbook it refreshes in all the location workbooks as I have said but it does not insert a new row for the quantity week 1, week 2, week 3 columns or current week. This results in the quantity not pairing up with the related product.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back