Table Field Issue, Potential Removal of offending Table, and Inner Join "ghost" queries

AlexB123

Board Regular
Hi all,

I'm working on a db I inherited, and I'm troubleshooting a query that returns duplicate values. The problem is a table that either generates a timestamp, or the timestamp is passed from VBA during some other query, BUT the timestamp is invalid, inconsistent, and changes frequently. Additionally, the foreign keys in this table seem to disappear. However, apart from this one duplicate issue, all other reports seem to be fine. Apart from 8 queries that select the time stamp column and join onto the table, this information is non-essential and can be removed, potentially.

I am considering just removing the table and updating all the queries that reference it. Below is what the table looks like:

IDClientIDBOBtimeStamp
900000XYZ900012318117139
1000000ABC9000111118134353

<tbody>
</tbody>

In addition to the blank field in "ClientID", these values constantly change. Sometimes there is only one row, other times there are two or three, and "ClientID" changes. ClientID should contain about ten values for the purposes of joining. Here is an example of the queries referencing this table.

Code:
SELECT tblClients.ClientID, 
tblClients.Client_Name, 
 tblRegisterCreation.timeStamp,
 tblChecks.Check_Number, 
 tblChecks.Check_Date,
 tblChecks.Check_Amount, 
 tblCheckType.Check_Type_Name, 
 tblChecks.CheckDBID,
tblChecks.AddressID

FROM tblRegisterCreation, ((tblChecks INNER JOIN tblAddress 
         ON tblChecks.AddressID = tblAddress.AddressID) INNER JOIN tblCheckType 
         ON tblChecks.Check_Type = tblCheckType.CheckTypeID) INNER JOIN tblClients
         ON tblChecks.ClientID = tblClients.ClientID
WHERE (((tblChecks.Check_Date)<DateAdd("m",-3,Now())) AND ((tblClients.Client_Status)=1) AND ((tblClients.BOB)=[tblRegisterCreation].[BOB]) AND ((tblChecks.Status)=1) AND ((tblClients.ExcludeRegister)=False))
 OR (((tblClients.ClientID)=[Forms]![frmRegisterCreation]![ClientID]) AND ((tblChecks.Check_Date)<DateAdd("m",-3,Now())) AND ((tblChecks.Status)=1) AND ((tblClients.ExcludeRegister)=False))
 OR (((tblClients.ClientID)=[Forms]![frmRegisterCreation]![ClientID]));
<dateadd("m",-3,now())) ((tblclients.excluderegister)="False))
 OR (((tblClients.ClientID)=[Forms]![frmRegisterCreation]![ClientID]) AND ((tblChecks.Check_Date)<dateadd(" m",-3,now()))=""></dateadd("m",-3,now()))>

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation. I understand what you're saying, but would still prefer to use "inner join", and I can't get it to compile? Here's what I've attempted:

Code:
FROM tblChecks
 (inner join tblAddress
 on tblChecks.AddressID = tblAddress.AddressID 
 (inner join tblCheckType
 on tblChecks.Check_Type = tblCheckType.CheckTypeI
 (inner join tblClients
 on tblChecks.ClientID = tblClients.ClientID 
(  inner join 
  on tblClients.ClientID = Forms!frmRegisterCreation!ClientID))))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Glad you got it. Wasn't ignoring you; I'm on vacation and can't do this every day, though I try.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back