Table - Formula doesn't carry down

Max2021

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm using a table to track truck activity. I'm using an IF(VLOOKUP) formula to assign a rate to each entry. The formula uses data stored in another tab, and the conditions it needs to meet are either "daily" or "stop." The formula is in the last column to the right. When we started using this table, everything worked fine; the formula automatically carried over to the next (row) entry, and the calculations were correct. Right now, the table has almost 6K rows.
The formula is: IFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,5,0)="Daily",VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,4,0)/[@Stops],VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,4,0)),"")

Out of nowhere, (a) the "value if false" portion of the formula is no longer working; this portion needs to meet the "stop" condition. . VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,4,0)
Furthermore, not only does it not give me the result I need, when I enter a new row/entry, (b) this portion of the formula (in blue below) is automatically changing to this:
IFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,5,0)="Daily",VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,4,0)/[@Stops],VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],L5370EquipRates,4,0)),"")
And, (c) if I drag the previous cell's formula down, it flags it as an error.

I've tried entering the formula from scratch and dragging it down. I've checked the settings to make sure the auto-fill options are on. I've checked the values in the other tab. I've checked for formatting, extra characters, text vs. numbers, typos, etc. I've deleted empty rows and columns. And nothing. Every new entry has the wrong formula (in blue above). If the new entry meets the "daily" condition, the "value if true" part of the formula works. The issue is only with entries that meet the "stop" condition ("value if false). I don't know what else to look for to fix this.
If anyone has any suggestions on what to look for, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Looking at the part that is changing, it appears to be a separate named range rather than part of a table. Have you checked the definition of that named range to make sure that it is not corrupt?
if I drag the previous cell's formula down, it flags it as an error.
Flags as, or result in an error? i.e. can you enter the formula but not get a result, or does it give the ' problem with this formula' message?

Upvote 0
Can you try this:
  • Make sure you don't have any filters on your table
  • in any cell with the formula copy in the correct formula which I assume is
    Excel Formula:
    =IFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,5,0)="Daily",VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,4,0)/[@Stops],VLOOKUP([@[Vehicle '#]],EquipRates,4,0)),"")
  • Select that Cell and hit Copy
  • Then copy your change to "all" rows in the table for that column (including over the cell you are copying).
    You can either select all the rows in the table for the column OR select any cell in the column and hit Ctrl+Space OR hover over the heading and select all rows in the table column when the arrow into a downward pointing black arrow (For the last one make sure it only selects the table rows not the all the rows in the spreadsheet.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back