Table isn't updating when goal seek runs

donkeycrusher

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
In the table below the "SOLVER" button runs a goal seek macro to set J5 to 0 by adjusting E38.
J5 is a calculation that takes the difference between J4 and E41.
E41 totals E9, E12, E30, E35 and E39.

Here's what's going on... If I manually enter a number in E38, E41 updates, and J6 reflects the difference.
When I run the macro (press the SOLVER button), E38 starts updating with the random possibilities, but E41 doesn't update, so the loop to run until J5 never completes.
If I hit the "calculate" button in the bottom left of excel, or the calculate now button in the formulas ribbon it'll update, and if I retype the number in E38 it'll update, it just won't update when goal seek is plugging in various numbers.

My calculation options are set to always, and I have iterative calculations enabled and set to 100 and calculate to 0.001
I've tried saving, closing, reopening. My co-worker has the same issue when running on his system too, so I don't believe it's a system setting.

Additionally, this is the only macro associated with this workbook, and I've deleted all but three range/cell names. Cell J4 is; however, one of the cells with a name "TotalCosts". I tried modifying the formula in J5 from TotalCosts-E41 to J4-E41, but that also failed to correct the issue.

1667601206699.png

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back