Termination issue

Chuck6475

Board Regular
I have a termination issue. This is a spreadsheet the grow to a have UserForms for the front end, tons of VBA and about 50 spreadsheets. I'm not an OO guy so I'm sure the way it was done would make an experience coder cry. However for the most part it works. By my standards this is a huge program.

There are a couple of issues that I can't figure out. I will address them one by one, in different posts.

First, on occasion when the program is closed it will display "password required" box, which is asking for the VBA password code, when VBA Developer has not been opened.

What might I have done in my code that would cause this to happen on program termination. I happens perhaps 1 out of 20 uses of the program in User mode. My definition of "User mode" is non-admin, where the user base simply enters data.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi,
This is a well known problem for which I think you will find there are a number of probable reasons why your particular project has the problem

have a look here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...mpt-for-vba-project-appears-after-excel-quits

also a Favourite to try is to add this line in the BeforeClose Event

Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True

End Sub

Hope of some help

Dave

Upvote 0
I have a termination issue. This is a spreadsheet the grow to a have UserForms for the front end, tons of VBA and about 50 spreadsheets. I'm not an OO guy so I'm sure the way it was done would make an experience coder cry. However for the most part it works. By my standards this is a huge program.

There are a couple of issues that I can't figure out. I will address them one by one, in different posts.

First, on occasion when the program is closed it will display "password required" box, which is asking for the VBA password code, when VBA Developer has not been opened.

What might I have done in my code that would cause this to happen on program termination. I happens perhaps 1 out of 20 uses of the program in User mode. My definition of "User mode" is non-admin, where the user base simply enters data.

Thanks.

I really appreciate it. This has been driving me nuts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back