Text box method?

Johnegee

Attached, if I did it right, is Tip080.xlsm. If you want to discuss whether any such Tip Generator is a good idea to present servers in restaurants with, may I say that it is both well-received and generous?

I have studied till I'm blue in the face the subject of text boxes, I've experimented till I'm blue in the face, but I can't seem to get the code to work right, and I'm hoping someone here knows how to do it.

If you download Tip080.xlsm and wander around the three sheets you'll see what I've done so far. In particular, on the DiceOdds sheet, is a letter from me to you explaining in more detail what I'm hoping to do. If you have already mastered the text box, please feel free to make additions and other changes, rename it before you save it, and upload it to this forum. Any suggestions you have will be appreciated.

If this problem has already been solved -- and I remind you how blue my face is -- please tell me the link.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, I can't seem to upload Tip080.xlsm even though I've downloaded and extracted XL2BB.zip. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Nope, I can't seem to upload Tip080.xlsm even though I've downloaded and extracted XL2BB.zip. Any ideas?
You could upload a sample workbook (without sensitive data) to a free site such as dropbox.com or google drive & then share the link here

Upvote 0
I have neither dropbox.com nor GoogleDrive. I do have and use OneDrive, but I can't get that to work either. I have a web site named barelybad.com where I could try to put an Excel file. Is it really this difficult to upload an Excel file to this forum?

Upvote 0
Try this. I have created a page I will delete when appropriate named New Page 1. If you go there you will see a single sentence with a clickable link on the word here. Click it and you should -- cross your fingers -- be able to open or save the file named Tip080.xlsm.

If this doesn't work for you please let me know what went wrong.

Upvote 0
I've downloaded the file.
But sorry, I can't help you with this. There are so many things there, it's hard for me to understand what you are trying to do.
Hope other members will step in.

Upvote 0
Akuini, I'm glad you were able to download Tip080.xlsm.

I'd like to combine the many macros into one, or at least many fewer, to make it all easier to understand, but I don't know how to do that either, despite trying several times in different ways. Do you or does anyone else here want to try that?

Did you get a chance to read my letter on the DiceOdds sheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back