text-to-column in vba

lezawang

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry for off topic.
I asked before how to do text to column in vba for a text showing below. I got a reply which worked perfectly but I could not find the post anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. They are all in column A

/37562094231 William Cambridge1 London England
/18202835983 Kate Middleton1 Paris France
/ES17132466486 Felipe Bourbon1 Madrid Spain
/28718720328 John Smith1 New York USA 90210
/40234729025 William Cambridge2 Tokyo Japan
/50502983774/Kate Middleton2 Sydney Australia
/GB57463387310/Harry Windsor2 London England

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
If you click on the "Subscribed threads" button at the top of the page, it will show you all the threads you're subscribed to.
Then you can look through that list to find the thread

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I could not find my previous post! I do not see all my posts, very few of them. Thank you

Upvote 0
I could not find my previous post! I do not see all my posts, very few of them.
They are all there (unless you unsubscribe your own threads!).

If you are looking at your Subscribed Threads, at the very bottom of the screen under the Title column is a page selector. You are only looking at the most recent 25, so to see older ones, you have to select other pages.

You can also go to your Profile and click on "Find latest started threads". Here is a link to that listing: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/search.php?searchid=7864695
Once again, there are multiple pages (this time the page selector is on the bottom right).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. I tried all pages actually. I noticed at the bottom of the page it says 316 threats but I posted around 600 threats so I do not think I can see all of them. I also went under profile but there I can see even less. Thanks

Upvote 0
You only have 697 posts. Note that you can make more than one post per thread (for example, you already have made 3 posts in this 1 thread). So I think 316 threads sounds about right (I seriously doubt that you have over 600, as that would mean that other than the original question, you replied to less than 100 of your threads, and I don't think that is the case).

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying thread vs post. I can only see on threats from this year 2018. The reset are from 2017, 2016!
My threat was posted on Feb 2018, I remember that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying thread vs post. I can only see on threats from this year 2018. The reset are from 2017, 2016!
My threat was posted on Feb 2018, I remember that.
Then it shouldn't be a problem finding it. Go to page 5 of the link I provided previously, and you will see your threads from February 2018.
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/search.php?searchid=7865035&pp=&page=5
and look at your "separting text from cloumn" thead from Feb 8.

By the way, it is "thread", not "threat". We ban members for making "threats"! ;)
(a "threat" is defined as "[FONT=&quot]an expression of intention to inflict evil, injury, or damage").[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I've come across this in another thread. It seems that only the person who created the search can view the results.
For instance, what happens if you follow this link https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/search...archid=7865040
Good catch! I did not realize that.

lezawang,
If you click on this link here, which brings up your Profile, then click on "Find latest started threads" and go to the 5th page, you should see the thread I was talking about.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back