Toggle button, color control

Excelscared

Hey everybody,

this is my first post and my chosen name is not because I'm such an Excel genius... :(

Anyhow, for the last three days I'm trying to figure out how to handle these silly toggle buttons. It's the first time that I try to deal with macros (can you actually already call them macros?) and I'm feeling pretty lost by now.

---------------

What I have in mind is a simple spread sheet to help with reservations.

The first sheet (Availability overview) in the workbook is supposed to only display available slots by means of color coding (Every single unit (4), for every single day):
- green = all day free
- yellow = difficult but still possible
- red = all slots occupied

The following sheets display single days with all 4 units. Here I want to fill in the actual reservation. Every unit has two colums with 30 minute slots for the entire day: One column with individual toggle buttons for each slot and one column next to it for data such as the name, etc.
The toggle button is supposed to do two things:
- 1st it shall change the color of the adjacent right cell to red, and
- 2nd it shall change the color of the corresponding cell on the first sheet (Availability overview) between green-yellow-red, according to an if-then formula: if 0 slots taken, then green, if < 1 slots taken, then yellow and if < 16 slots taken, then red.

How do I get there? Please mind my comlpete incompetence regarding Excel terminology and macros coding.

Thanks in advance,
e-Scared

Somehow I made it work!!! Yeeeeeha.

I took the 'Equal to' rule and wrote =(D4=1) (I reconsidered for the double cell thingy). The difference is only that the 'Conditional formatting' is actually hiding the red fields with green fields. Honestly, I don't quite understand the logic behind this formatting, but it works and that's what counts in the end.

Next step is the nested 'If-then' thingy... :eek:
I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
e-scared

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
It happened what had to happen... the file is too big (4,3MB) and it wont open properly anymore.
Everything worked just perfect after I had finished formatting. I had set up the entire month, all nicely interlinked... wont open anymore. :(

Buuuuuhuhuhuhuuuuuu...

Is there a way to create this Reservation workbook less big, less bulky, but still with all the needed features?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp,
e-scared

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back