Tricky (for me) VBA copy and paste.

SensualCarrots

I have two data validation lists. The second is dependent on the first. So let's go with the old fruit and vegetable tables. First list, my choices are Fruit or Vegetable. The second list is dependent on the first. Let's say if you select Fruit, your choices are Apple, Orange, and Pear in the second list. But if you select vegetable, your choices are Carrot, Celery, and Broccoli. On another page, I have the tables where the choices of fruits and vegetables are located. In the cell directly to the right of the fruit or vegetable, I have a range of cells defined as text. For example, the cell next to Apple is "A1:O23", and the cell next to Orange is "A24:O42", and so forth. When the two drop down boxes are populated, and a button is clicked, I need to copy the range in the adjacent cell, and paste the values of that range into the next blank cell in a given column on the first page. I was trying to do index matching, but doing it in VBA is ugly. Any advice?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
hi

give the ranges the names of the fruit/vegetable: such as the range referred to by text "A1:O23", next to apple, has defined name apple

then the code could be something like below. please modify to suit requirements. HTH

Code:
Sub usage()

Call PasteDataFromRangeToColumn(SourceRangeName:="apple", DestinationColumn:=1)

End Sub

Function PasteDataFromRangeToColumn(ByVal SourceRangeName As String, ByVal DestinationColumn As Long)

With Range(SourceRangeName)
        Cells(Rows.Count, DestinationColumn).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Value = .Value
    End With

End Function

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kshealy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back