Trying to get macro to copy and paste from sheet 1 to sheet 2 and delete contents from sheet 1

shawn2209

Hello,

I am still a beginner to macros and learn quickly by reading forums on other's experiences with running macros. So let me explain what I am trying to do and I believe I am failing miserably. I am wanting to get the macro to copy the date from sheet 1 and paste it is cell A1 on sheet two and then take the information from selected cells on sheet 1 and past to sheet 2. At the same time I am wanting to erase the data from sheet 1 to where I can add more information on that sheet and then once I run the macro again, it copies the same data and paste it into sheet two at the next empty cell. I am wanting to keep a running list of inventory at my work with adding the inventory information for each "tote" and copy it into a running sheet (sheet 2). The issue is once I finish with the inventory in "tote #1", I am wanting the macro to erase the data to start the inventory list for "tote" #2 and the paste it onto sheet 2 on the next empty cell without deleting the information for "tote" #1. I would like for it to add the date of inventory list for each tote above the tote information on sheet 2. Example below.

Sheet 1 ( Tote Inventory )

7/15/17
Tote Number - Sku Number - UPC Number - Location
" " " " " " " "

and if I started inventory on tote # 2 the next day, this is how I want it to look on sheet 2 (Tote Inventory Running List ) when copied and pasted

(Tote 1 from day before)

7/15/17
" " " " " " " "
7/16/17
" " " " " " " "

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hello,

I am still a beginner to macros and learn quickly by reading forums on other's experiences with running macros. So let me explain what I am trying to do and I believe I am failing miserably. I am wanting to get the macro to copy the date from sheet 1 and paste it is cell A1 on sheet two and then take the information from selected cells on sheet 1 and past to sheet 2. At the same time I am wanting to erase the data from sheet 1 to where I can add more information on that sheet and then once I run the macro again, it copies the same data and paste it into sheet two at the next empty cell. I am wanting to keep a running list of inventory at my work with adding the inventory information for each "tote" and copy it into a running sheet (sheet 2). The issue is once I finish with the inventory in "tote #1", I am wanting the macro to erase the data to start the inventory list for "tote" #2 and the paste it onto sheet 2 on the next empty cell without deleting the information for "tote" #1. I would like for it to add the date of inventory list for each tote above the tote information on sheet 2. Example below.

Sheet 1 ( Tote Inventory )

7/15/17
" " " " " " " "

and if I started inventory on tote # 2 the next day, this is how I want it to look on sheet 2 (Tote Inventory Running List ) when copied and pasted

(Tote 1 from day before)

7/15/17
" " " " " " " "
7/16/17
" " " " " " " "

Below is what I have so far.

Sub COPY()
'
' COPY Macro
'
'
Range("A1").Select
Sheets("Overage Tracking Report").Select
Range("A10").Select
Selection.COPY
Sheets("Overage Tracking Running Report").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("B2").Select
Sheets("Overage Tracking Report").Select
Range("A12:D44").Select
Selection.COPY
Sheets("Overage Tracking Running Report").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=True, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

This copies the first tote in sheet 2 perfectly. I just need it to delete the information from "Overage Tracking Report" from cells A12:D44 and after I submit new information and have macro run again it grabs the information from tote #2 and past in the next empty cell on " Overage Tracking Running Report" and over and over again.

Upvote 0
Is tote #2 on Sheets("Overage Tracking Report") still in A10? and the range still Range("A12:D44") on Sheets("Overage Tracking Report") on the 2nd run?

and for all future totes?

Upvote 0
Try the code below (please note it assumes the last row with data always has a value in column A, i.e. if row 44 had data in B44, C44, D44 but A44 was blank then you will get incorrect results and so we would need to change a few bits).

Code:
Sub CopyRng()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

With Sheets("Overage Tracking Report")
        .Range("A10").COPY
        Sheets("Overage Tracking Running Report").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1, -1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
        .Range("A10").ClearContents

.Range("A12:D44").COPY
        Sheets("Overage Tracking Running Report").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
        .Range("A12:D44").ClearContents
    End With

With Sheets("Overage Tracking Running Report")
        If .Cells(1, "A") = "" Then .Rows(1).Delete
    End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back