Trying to look up a value on one spreadsheet from another

Jammin_JP

Hello, This is my first post and I hope I can articulate my question well. Basically I have a spreadsheet I have to reconcile every 2 weeks. in one column on my target spreadsheet I have city stations such as:
ABE
ACV
ORD
I need information from another spreadsheet that has a column with city stations just like the other spreadsheet, but there are six (6) other column headings I would need to look into to see if there is a value above 0. My goal is to look up by station (there are over 200), and see if the row of that station contains any values above zero. so I guess a conditional, but I want to search the whole column of stations and all of the rows. the other sheet is like this:
AX S5 YV
ABE 0 0 0
ACV 25 0 0
ADE 0 4 0
so in my target sheet, I want to know if ALL of the columns have a zero amount, or if one column has an above zero amount (like ACV). In that case, the column I am entering my formula in would say "true", there is an above zero amount for ACV, but FALSE, all zeros for ABE. Thank you!
Joe

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
2 QUESTIONS

- would those 6 columns ever have values less than zero ?
- can you add another column llike my "total" column that sums the values in B-G for that row

AX</SPAN>col1</SPAN>col2</SPAN>col3</SPAN>col4</SPAN>col5</SPAN>col6</SPAN>total</SPAN>
ABE</SPAN>0</SPAN>0</SPAN>0</SPAN>0</SPAN>
ACV</SPAN>25</SPAN>0</SPAN>0</SPAN>25</SPAN>
ADE</SPAN>0</SPAN>4</SPAN>0</SPAN>4</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL><COL span=6><COL></COLGROUP>

Upvote 0
Thank you liveinhope for your quick response. There are never below zero values. and the totaling column does not come into play. My fault, I need to be more specific. I am actually comparing 2 columns. I will have to rethink how to phrase my question.

Upvote 0
Hello. In the target sheet.. it looks as follows. There may be many records of one station (ABE). The next column is which retailer supposedly delivers there.

STNDELIVERY
ABECO
ABEUA
ABEAX
ABEUA

<colgroup><col width="64" span="2" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

the other sheet is as follows:

Stn AX S5 G7 YV OO EV
ABE - - - - - 21
ABQ - 7 - - 110 143

you can see that AX does not in fact deliver to ABE. So I would like to know if there is some code I can use to search through each delivery company, to see if they do in fact deliver to ABE, or ABQ, or other stations.

Thank you!
Joe

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back