Understanding Excel on Websites

Renarian

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there a way to put a workbook onto a website that will be able to use macros and have users only access to enter numerical values into specified cells?
Have been looking through the web for this solution. I want it so that on this website my workbook is as if I sent a protected macro workbook file to a friend to use and they accepted macros. Looking for step by step and/or free alternatives if possible.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
1696304029446.png
1696304097627.png
1696304250886.png

The first is an image of the macro buttons, the next shows some of the input fields (wherever there are 0's and the last shows some of the macro.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm assuming the orange cells are the cells you want numerical values only?

I still don't see a need for a macro. Are you aware of Excel data validation?
Each of the cells already contain individual formulas for data validation. This is not the issue I am having here. The issue I have is I want to put the entire workbook onto a website so that other people do not have access to any of the background information (nor any of the formulas or accidentally make a change to the workbook except for the part where the 0's are) but can input their wanted values into the orange cells. The macros on the side will clear the entire workbook back to showing only 0's in all valid fields.

Upvote 0
Each of the cells already contain individual formulas for data validation. This is not the issue I am having here. The issue I have is I want to put the entire workbook onto a website so that other people do not have access to any of the background information (nor any of the formulas or accidentally make a change to the workbook except for the part where the 0's are) but can input their wanted values into the orange cells. The macros on the side will clear the entire workbook back to showing only 0's in all valid fields.
The macros may not be entirely necessary from another's point of view, but it certainly could save a lot of time and aggravation for a user of the workbook. This is why I created the macros. The point of me making this workbook entrirely was to save an individual time.

Upvote 0
You can put all of your calculations on a separate sheet and have it very hidden. This can only be unhidden by macros (assuming you already have a password-protected macro).
You can protect the sheet and only leave the desired fields to be unlocked.

Upvote 0
You can put all of your calculations on a separate sheet and have it very hidden. This can only be unhidden by macros (assuming you already have a password-protected macro).
You can protect the sheet and only leave the desired fields to be unlocked.
I am aware but my issue is getting it to a website that is already created so that it works exactly like if someone were to open the protected worksheet with Excel

Upvote 0
I am aware but my issue is getting it to a website that is already created so that it works exactly like if someone were to open the protected worksheet with Excel
I guess I don't fully understand the circumstances around the website and the workbook. Since you won't be able to share due to proprietary reasons, I can't offer much more help. Hopefully, someone can answer your question.

Cheers,

Upvote 0
I guess I don't fully understand the circumstances around the website and the workbook. Since you won't be able to share due to proprietary reasons, I can't offer much more help. Hopefully, someone can answer your question.

Cheers,
So there is no way to allow a protect worksheet to be put on an internet website as an interactable display without opening it all up for people to mess around with it? The sheet itself works perfectly fine as it is when sent as a protected file someone downloads. I am just trying to avoid people having to download the file whenever they want to use the worksheet. Just open the website and interact.

Upvote 0
So there is no way to allow a protect worksheet to be put on an internet website as an interactable display without opening it all up for people to mess around with it? The sheet itself works perfectly fine as it is when sent as a protected file someone downloads. I am just trying to avoid people having to download the file whenever they want to use the worksheet. Just open the website and interact.
It depends on the website. I don't know anything about this website you're referring to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back