"Unexpected" errors

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Since I "upgraded" to Windows 11 and Office 365, I have been getting a lot more errors than I ever used to on Windows 10 and even more so on Windows XP. I just got this error while working in an workbook:

1705422480340.png

When I finished working in that workbook and tried to save it, I got this one:

1705422529847.png

Question #1: What is the best way to save that file?

I had several other workbooks open. I was able to save all of them.

Question #2: I get errors all the time in Win 11. Is M$FT going down the drain?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I never got any replies, so I saved it under a different name, then reloaded the original. It got the same error. I loaded a previous version, then added the new rows in thw damaged book and saved that.

I would like to know what the error was and why it happened. These errors seem to be happening many times more often in win 11 + office 365.

Upvote 0
I believe you have already checked this, but... I was wondering about the path of the failed save (c:\users\user\). The user's username is really "user" and it's not a failed file path build?

Upvote 0
I believe you have already checked this, but... I was wondering about the path of the failed save (c:\users\user\). The user's username is really "user" and it's not a failed file path build?
The name "user" was, I assume, the default name assigned when the OS was installed. I didn't notice it until I had been using it for awhile. Now I am afraid to change it because some apps may have saved it and may not work if I change it. I don't really care what the name is.

Upvote 0
As it turns out the problem is not solved. It recurred today. I loaded the most recent archive version and it also has the problem. It did not have the problem when it was created about a month ago. The same with the previous archive version from about 2 months ago. I had to go back about 6 months to find a version that does not have the problem.

I can't figure out what the problem is. None of my other workbooks have the problem.

There is another problem that may be related. Since I moved these workbooks over from my old Win 10 system, some of them get this warning when I open them:
1705516881458.png

If I click on Enable Content, I get this message:
1705516864593.png

I have no idea what d.docs.live.net is or what my "login" parameters might be. I have been clicking Cancel. I then get this message:
1705517120507.png

When I click OK, I get this at the top:
1705517187025.png

When I click on Manage Workbook Links, I get this new panel on the right:
1705517276699.png

That's when I posted the other thread about add-ins, which I haven't gotten around to working on.

Will that solve both problems? It seems unlikely, since that 6 month old archive workbook uses the same add-in and it doesn't have the problem.

Upvote 0
Can't advise you on your error but d.docs.live.net is a service used by OneDrive, the password should be your OneDrive password.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back