Update Existing Information on Worksheet

aroig07

Hi !!

I am stuck on this code, where I am having an issue with the part in red. I already have a code to find the information in each entry with the same exact code but the part after the if/then statement is flipped and it works, but for some reason it does not work to update the entry after changing the desired values when clicking the command button. I also included the code I used to find below on green just in case.

Private Sub CommandButton3_Click()
Dim u As Long
Dim totRows As Long

Set Update = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail")
totRows = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Range("A2").End(xlDown).Row

For u = 2 To totRows
'check if column 1-4 in recurrent job trail matches the job name, client name, account#, and the sub account # in CB
If _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 1)) = Trim(ComboBox7.Text) And _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 2)) = Trim(ComboBox1.Text) And _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 3)) = Trim(ComboBox8.Text) And _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 4)) = Trim(ComboBox9.Text) _
Then
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 5).Value = ComboBox2 'update the information for printing machine
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 6).Value = ComboBox3 'update the information for inserting machine
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 7).Value = ComboBox4 'update the information for sorting machine
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 8).Value = TextBox5 'update the information for number of pages
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 9).Value = TextBox6 'update the information for number of pieces
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 10).Value = TextBox7 'update the information for SLA
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 11).Value = "Not Pending" 'update the information for status
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 12).Value = ComboBox5 'update the information for frequency
Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 13).Value = ComboBox6 'update the information for exact day it comes depending on frequency
Exit For
End If

Next u

MsgBox "Información ha sido actualizada", vbInformation, "Recurrent Jobs"

ThisWorkbook.Save

Unload AddNewRecurring

End Sub

-------------------Code that works to find the information on the row specific to the characteristics------------------------------------------------

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Dim i As Long
Dim totRows As Long

Set Find = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail")
totRows = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Range("A2").End(xlDown).Row

For i = 2 To totRows
'check if column 1-4 in recurrent job trail matches the job name, client name, account#, and sub account # in CB
If _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 1)) = Trim(ComboBox7.Text) And _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 2)) = Trim(ComboBox1.Text) And _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 3)) = Trim(ComboBox8.Text) And _
Trim(Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 4)) = Trim(ComboBox9.Text) _
Then
ComboBox2 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 5).Value 'find the information for printing machine
ComboBox3 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 6).Value 'find the information for inserting machine
ComboBox4 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 7).Value 'find the information for sorting machine
TextBox5 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 8).Value 'find the information for number of pages
TextBox6 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 9).Value 'find the information for number of pieces
TextBox7 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 10).Value 'find the information for SLA
ComboBox5 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 12).Value 'find the information for frequency
ComboBox6 = Sheets("Recurrent Job Trail").Cells(i, 13).Value 'find the information for exact day it comes depending on frequency
Exit For
End If

Next i

End Sub

GR00007

Board Regular
When you copied CommandButton2_Click() to CommandButton3_Click() you changed the index "i" to "u", but did not change make the corresponding change of "Cells(i, x)" to "Cells(u, x)"

aroig07

How did I miss that -.- I was going crazy. Thank you so much !!! Sometimes a new pair of eyes catches things that are so clear.

GR00007

Board Regular
Yep - thanx for the reply - BTW: as for going crazy, I think I reached that point decades ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy O

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...