Upgrade to Excel 2007

Domski

Hi,

Excel 2007 has been about for some time now and I've still to get my hands on it. The main reason for this is we won't be getting it at work for at least another 12 months and I'm finding it hard to justify the cost for what little use I would get out of the additional features at home.

I just wondered what other Mr Excel'ers thought of the new features after using them for a while and at what stage of the upgrade process they were at.

Dom

Not bad is it!

I'm skint at the moment due to immiment snowboarding trip and very rarely (i.e. never) use Access at home so just went for the standard version for £37 inc VAT.

Dom

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Wow, wish I had seen that sight sooner, would have saved me a bundle... have fun snowboarding, best thing in the world... outside excel of course:biggrin:

Upvote 0
Nope, skiing and boarding beats the lot. Just wish I lived closer to the mountains and could afford to go more often than once or twice a year.

Upvote 0
Our Actuarial department recently had 2007 installed on all their machines. However, the files they use are either used by other departments, or are sent to other departments and external clients. As a result, they were continually having to convert their files so that they could be opened in previous version of Excel. They got so fed up of this and the fact that they couldn't make use of the additional features in 2007 that they've just downgraded to 2003. They still have to pay for the 2007 license though, because Microsoft no longer sell 2003 licenses!

Upvote 0
Nasty.

I have found that using large .xls files in 2007 is not a good idea. Hangs, freezes, etc are quite common -- but using 2003 on the same file is fine. I guess the take-home in my experience is that, if you are always using .xls format, stick with an earlier Excel version; use 2007 with the newer format.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back